Toothaches are a common dental problem. Although the cause of a toothache can be minor and easily fixed, it can also be a sign of a more serious issue. Dr. Nazari offers evaluations and treatments for patients with toothaches. The doctor and his team can help identify the cause of your pain, find the best way to address it, and get you back on the road to a healthy, comfortable smile.
Common causes of toothache include:
• Cracked or broken tooth
• Infection or abscess
• Gum disease
At your appointment, Dr. Nazari, our expert in treatment of toothache in Houston, will examine your tooth, take a health and symptom history, and take dental X-rays and images. This will enable us to make an accurate diagnosis and create a treatment plan based on your needs.
Our treatment recommendations will vary based on your diagnosis. Dr. Nazari, our Houston toothache treatment dentist, offers a variety of treatments, including:
• Dental bonding, which can be used to repair small chips or cracks
• Fluoride treatments, which can be used to address sensitivity due to enamel erosion or a receding gum line
• Dental fillings, which are used to treat cavities and tooth decay
• Inlays and onlays, which are used to replace large amalgam fillings or to repair badly damaged teeth
• Crowns, which can repair badly damaged teeth, strengthen teeth with large cavities, or restore teeth after root canals
• Root canal treatments, which are used to treat teeth that have infections or abscesses
• Periodontal treatments, which can combat gum-related sensitivity
Rarely, a tooth will be so badly damaged or decayed that it cannot be saved. These teeth will need to be extracted to preserve your dental health. Dr. Nazari, our expert in treatment of toothache in Houston, will explain the best ways to restore the extracted tooth. For most patients, this will be dental implants, which are similar in design to natural teeth and act as a root for your new tooth. However, our Houston toothache treatment dentist may also recommend dental bridges or dentures, especially if you are missing more than one tooth.
Call us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Nazari, our Houston emergency dentist.
Copyright 2015. Antoine Dental Center. All Rights Reserved.