Jaw pain can be a sign of serious dental problems and can interfere with your day-to-day life. You may struggle to eat, drink, talk, and yawn. Prompt treatment is necessary to reduce the risk of complications and more extensive dental disease. Whether you suffered a dental injury or have a dental disease, jaw pain indicates that further evaluation is needed. Dr. Nazari, Houston jaw pain treatment dentist, can help.
At your appointment, Dr. Nazari, expert in treatment of jaw pain in Houston, will examine your jaw, teeth, and other oral structures to determine the source of the pain. Several things can lead to jaw pain, including:
• Jaw injuries, including sprains, strains, and fractures
• A fractured tooth, including chips or cracks
• An infected tooth
• A displaced or dislodged tooth
• A badly decayed tooth
• TMJ disorder
Many treatments are available, but the right treatment will not focus only on your pain, but also its source. Dr. Nazari, expert in treatment of jaw pain in Houston, may recommend a variety of therapies that could include:
• Medication to ease the pain
• Antibiotics to address infection
• Root canal therapy to treat damaged or diseased teeth
• Compresses to reduce swelling and pain
• Oral splints to address bruxism
• Physical therapy to strengthen the jaw muscles and ease the discomfort of TMJ
• Stretching and relaxation exercises
Other treatments may be needed for jaw injuries. Without treatment, many of the issues that cause jaw pain can lead to irreversible damage. With the right treatment, most patients will make a full recovery without any lasting complications. Call us today to learn more or to schedule your consultation with Dr. Nazari, Houston emergency dentist.
Copyright 2015. Antoine Dental Center. All Rights Reserved.